What’s the scar camouflage?
While some people choose to embrace their scars, others may feel self-conscious about them and seek ways to reduce their visibility.
Scar camouflage is a cosmetic procedure that reduces the visibility of scars, stretch marks and any kind of discolouration due to surgery, accident, burn, acne, or even dog bite scars and etc.. by using paramedical tattoo technique that matches the colour of the affected area to it’s surrounding skin tone and texture. This procedure has permanent long lasting results.
How does scar camouflage work?
This technique is a customised mixture of pigments based on your skin type, scar age and color, the depth of the scar and your skin tone that is implanted into scar tissue to minimise the appearance of the affected area. Scar camouflage is effective for all skin types.
Does This Procedure Have Any Side Effects?
This treatment is 100% safe, all the tools are sanitized, the cartridges are disposable that is only used on your body so we highly recommend our clients to follow the proper after care as well which is explained during the treatment to prevent any chance of infections. After the procedure redness and swelling will be experienced and then it starts healing after couple of weeks. The key for the best result is to be patient and keep the area moisturised with the special ointment we suggest. Trust our words.
- Avoid any caffeinated beverages and alcoholic drinks from 24 hours to your prior session.
- If you use any blood-thinning medications, make sure to inform your artist beforehand.
- Make sure to not consume Ibuprofen and/or Aspirin from two days prior to your session.
- Do not come to your session with a body tan and make sure you have showered or cleaned the area(s).
- Please avoid using any exfoliator creams and taking vitamin A from one week prior.
- You need to plan accordingly! If you plan on going somewhere under the direct sun exposure, please ensure it is 6 weeks after your procedure.
- Avoid getting the treated area wet from showering and avoid submerging the area including swimming in a pool, ocean, lake, hot tub or any water source for 10 days.
- Avoid sweating for a minimum of 7 days – no gym, yoga, exercise, sauna, or jacuzzi.
- Clean the area with a small amount of STERILE water on a cotton pad before you go to bed and each morning after the procedure followed by a thin layer of Aquaphor ointment.
- Do not scratch, rub or pick at the treated area. It will be slightly itchy.
- Do not use other ointments, creams, or antibiotics until it’s fully healed.
- No sunbathing or tanning for 6 weeks. If you decide to sunbath or tan after 6 weeks, every time use a thick layer of SPF 30+ for 3 month.
- Avoid using harsh soaps, creams, fragrances, and lotions.